GTIS HALF FAQs
Q: I registered for the race, but I can no longer attend. Can I get a refund or transfer my registration to someone else?
A: Unfortunately, entry fees are non-refundable, non-defferable and non-transferrable. No exceptions.
Q: If I register and find that I need to change the start time, can I do that as long as there is space at a different time? Would there any penalties for doing that?
A: SORRY AT THIS TIME WE ARE UNABLE TO CHANGE WAVE START TIMES. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
Q: Can I wear headsets and listen to music?
A: Yes, Wearing headsets and listening to music is allowed just be careful and respect other participants.
Q: Where do I pick up my packet?
A: Packet Pick-up will take place on Sunday, August 7th from 11am-5pm and Thursday, August 11th from 3pm-7pm at Runners Roost in Lakewood. (Lakewood Location ONLY).
And, Friday, August 12th from 11am-7pm at the Buffalo Restaurant and Bar in Idaho Springs.
Also, on race day at the start line until the last wave goes at 9am.
Q: Do you allow walkers?
A: Yes, we welcome walkers and have a special support vehicle with water, electrolytes and first aid to support those that want to walk the course. We request that walkers complete the course within 4 hours. We ask walkers to complete the course no later than 12pm - please choose your start time accordingly.
Q: Are there any age limits or restrictions for participants?
A: You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the half marathon.
Q: I am planning to walk the course, what start time should I sign up for?
A: We ask that walkers complete the course by 12pm. Please choose your start time based on your ability to finish the course no later than 12pm.
Q: Can my friend/spouse/anyone pick up my packet for me?
A: Yes, as long as they have your registration confirmation.
Q: Are strollers, dogs, skateboards, or in-line skates allowed?
A: Strollers are allowed, please start after the last wave of runners. Unfortunately, dogs and any type of skates or skateboards are not allowed.
Q: I cannot remember what start time I have picked/is there a way for me to change my start time online?
1. Log In to your Events.com account. (If you do not have an account, you can create one using the email address you used during registration.)
2. Select MY EVENTS in the top left corner of the page.
3. Find the event you are attending and click on VIEW ORDER. If you are on a team, you must first click on MANAGE EVENT and then select VIEW ORDER.
4. Click on the MANAGE REGISTRATION (or TICKET) button and select Edit Information.
5. Update your start wave time (you can only move to waves that still have space available. Once a wave is full, it is full. If capacity restrictions loosen closer to the event, we will make that information public and open additional spots as allowed). Select your new time and press Save at the bottom of the screen. This updates your registration in real time. Changes will be allowed through July 31st.
Having trouble? Please email Michelle@Halsports.net