GTIS HALF FAQs
Q: I cannot remember what start time I have picked/is there a way for me to change my start time online?
1. Log In to your Events.com account. (If you do not have an account, you can create one using the email address you used during registration.)
2. Select MY EVENTS in the top left corner of the page.
3. Find the event you are attending and click on VIEW ORDER. If you are on a team, you must first click on MANAGE EVENT and then select VIEW ORDER.
4. Click on the MANAGE REGISTRATION (or TICKET) button and select Edit Information.
5. Update your start wave time (you can only move to waves that still have space available. Once a wave is full, it is full. If capacity restrictions loosen closer to the event, we will make that information public and open additional spots as allowed). Select your new time and press Save at the bottom of the screen. This updates your registration in real time. Changes will be allowed through July 31st.
Having trouble? Please email Michelle@Halsports.net
Q: I am planning to walk the course, what start time should I sign up for? A: We ask that walkers complete the course by 1pm. Please choose your start time based on your ability to finish the course no later than 1pm.
Q: Where do I pick up my packet? A: Packet Pick-up will be announced as we get closer to race day.
Q: I registered for the race, but I can no longer attend. Can I get a refund or transfer my registration to someone else? A: Unfortunately, entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No exceptions.
Q: Are there any age limits or restrictions for participants? A: You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the half marathon.
Q: If I register and find that I need to change the start time, can I do that as long as there is space at a different time? Would there any penalties for doing that?
A: Yes, we can allow you to change, but only if there is availability, if a time slot has sold out or the event sells out, we wouldn't be able to accommodate a time change. Please plan accordingly!
Q: Can I wear headsets and listen to music?
A: Yes, Wearing headsets and listening to music is allowed just be careful and respect other participants.
Q: Will this event be canceled due to COVID-19?
A: No this event will have COVID-19 safety precautions in place and we ask participants to stick to these guidelines. The event will be capped at 1,000 participants.
Q: Do you allow walkers? A: Yes, we welcome walkers and have a special support vehicle with water, electrolytes and first aid to support those that want to walk the course. We request that walkers complete the course within 4 hours. We ask walkers to complete the course no later than 1pm - please choose your start time accordingly.
Q: Are strollers, dogs, skateboards, or in-line skates allowed? A: Strollers are allowed, please start after the last wave of runners. Unfortunately, dogs and any type of skates or skateboards are not allowed.